What compels a man to move his wife and children into one of the roughest neighborhoods in Akron? For Duane Crabbs, it was a calling to minister to those troubled souls who need it the most.
The founder of South Street Ministries has reached a personal milestone as his organization celebrates 15 years of operation. The group helps a range of people in this Summit Lake neighborhood, from children of broken homes to ex-convicts and the homeless.
A public event honoring the ministry last week at Hoban High School brought out hundreds of people from the community, along with nationally known guest speaker Robert Lupton, from Atlanta.
Local News from Ohio.com
- J Paris Designs gives new life to reclaimed items
- UA volunteers help make Harvest Dinner a success for families facing homelessness
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree at Lock 3
- Grace Park Block Club appears in Welcome Santa Parade
- Library's centennial celebration commemorates children's services
- Local crafters, artists share wares at Artsy Mart this weekend