Author, civil rights lawyer and legal scholar Michelle Alexander shares a staggering look at the toll that the War on Drugs has taken on our communities, especially African-Americans. Alexander's presentation, "The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness," is part of The University of Akron's Rethinking Race series, which takes place through Feb. 15. For a full schedule of speakers, performances, films and face-to-face discussions, visit www.uakron.edu/race.
Monday, 11 February 2013 01:37
Mass incarceration and the new Jim CrowWritten by LaVert Brown
Published in News
Latest from LaVert Brown
- Mogadore, LaDue Reservoir Marinas Open in May
- Homes and the arts combine for UA's Arts-in-Residence Series
- PAWSibilities hosts 2013 Bark in the Park
- Palliative care through art, music
- Akron Civic Theatre fundraiser is 'all about the chocolate'
- Mother of nine has lots to be thankful for on Mother's Day